Wetting on soft or microstructured surfaces
Bad Honnef, 11 – 13 April 2019
The seminar will bring together experts and early stage researchers (PhD students and postdocs) interested in the understanding of the wetting of soft or microstructured surfaces. We aim at discussing in depth the latest progress and current challenges in the characterization and modelling of such surfaces. In particular, the interplay of static and dynamic wetting properties with substrate topography and softness will be deliberated.
We aim to discuss:
- How to understand contact angle hysteresis of drops on soft or microstructured surfaces.
- How can we tune contact angle hysteresis?
- What determines the friction of droplets moving over soft or microstructured surfaces?
- What kind of dissipation mechanism determine the motion of droplets?
- How does contact line friction couple to the reorganisation of the contact line?
- How does the motion of drops depend on the shape of the wetting ridge, the softness of the substrate or the viscosity of a lubricating film?
- How do lubricant infused surfaces withstand shear stresses?
Physikzentrum Bad Honnef
53604 Bad Honnef
For more information, please visit the website: